Monday 23 April 2012

Powerful

Running From Beige by Terri Marie


I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started to read this book.

However, before I begin I must say I love the title 'Running From Beige.'

I will never look at the colour beige in quite the same way again!

Terri Marie’s book is a work of fiction, but within its pages there is profound truth. I can honestly say there are not many books that bring me to tears…this book did, many times! It is so powerful. To me it felt as though the author was pouring herself into the pages of the book.



Terri Marie writes so well, you can’t help but get under the skin of the characters…feeling their pain, their anger and fear.

The story follows the lives of three women, as they bravely take that first terrifying step away from their abusers and join together in a beautiful bond of love, support and friendship.

This book makes you realize that as women we are all sisters. Perhaps that’s why, when I hear of cruelty inflicted on woman, I become so enraged!

There are parts of the book that are not particularly comfortable to read, because it is so truthful. Nevertheless, it is riveting and will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Running From Beige is a book all women should read. I highly recommend it and eagerly await the next book by this talented author

No comments:

Post a Comment