Tuesday 14 August 2012

A lovely surprise comment about my book The Shadowed Valley.

It was a real surprise when I saw this. How nice, that someone took the time to make an encouraging comment about my book. Writing can be hard and lonely, so it's nice when people take time to comment, particularly when like this, it's so positive. :)
We authors need reviews and comments. It's like food, it stirs our artistic juices and keeps us going. I really wish more people would take the time to do it. It need only be around twenty words, so not much to ask. I always review every book I read. Unless I hate it, in which case I say nothing, but that is a rare scenario. I can always find something I've enjoyed about a book. I always try to concentrate on what I liked, and what was good about a book. I would never say anything totally cruel and negative about a writers work. After all, lets face, it's only my opinion and how valid is that?
So I encourage every reader and author, please, take the time to write a few words about the books you've read and are reading. It means so much to an author! 
 
 
 
Calvin Allcoatposted toVonnee Lee
Saturday near Tías, Canarias

No comments:

Post a Comment