Friday 16 November 2012

The Players: Earth. My review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, November 16, 2012
By Yvonne Lee (United Kingdom)
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Players: Earth - The Arena (Paperback)
The Players: Earth by Robert Dennis Wilson is a Christian Sci-Fi.

Dr Thompson with help from two gifted students, David and Sashi, has invented a PAX machine [Physic Amplification Experiment.]
David and Sashi both possess ESP abilities. Dr Thompson hooks them up to the machine, and during the experiment the door to a parallel universe is opened, allowing a huge alien called Pedagog to leave his realm and enter ours. He and his kind call themselves teachers!
It was good to read a Christian novel that was both exciting and gritty. Although in parts I found it a trifle boring. I'm afraid the theories of dimension, don't really interest me! So I found myself skipping to more exciting bits.
That aside, the basic story was good, and on the whole well written. The more I got into the story, the more I enjoyed it and couldn't put the book down.
I'm hoping the next book in the series is not so full of scientific exposition, because for me it spoilt the flow of a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment