Friday 7 December 2012

Most enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 7, 2012
By Yvonne Lee (United Kingdom)
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Charlotte ~ Pride and Prejudice Continues (Kindle Edition)
To my shame, I've never read Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. However after reading this I may well take the plunge. I have watched the TV dramatizations of the story many times, and this book stands up well.
The characters were well written and strong, even those with what you might call a bit part in the story, Like Mrs Higgs, for example, I really like her.
I also like Colonel Fitzwilliam, although my opinion of him changed as the story progressed. And as for Charlotte's husband, William Collins what a pathetic individual he is, and yet eventually I grew to like him and even felt sorry for him.
I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this book, as I'm not a particular fan of this type of story. However it was good, well written and kept me interested right up to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment