Friday 1 February 2013

A Stop in the Park.

I really enjoyed this book and gave it five stars. Here is my review: A Stop in the Park would not normally be my chosen genre to read. But sometimes it's good to expand ones literary horizons, and in this instance, I'm so glad I did. Seeing the amount of reviews this book has received, I wondered whether I should bother to write one. But then on reflection if we all thought that way, no one would bother to do reviews, and that would be a shame as authors need them, and are encouraged and sometimes challenged by them. I'm not going to outline the story, because other reviewers have already done that. All I want to say is...this book is wonderful! It draws out many emotions from the reader. The characters are so real that you feel everything they are going through. I felt sympathy for both Michael and his wife Jamie, and even though they are fictional characters I felt drawn into their lives...I cared what happened to them. The story is gripping and realistic, but there is no gratuitous sex or violence and no particular bad language. Sometimes it's hard to find a book that is honest, gritty, and enthralling, yet at the same time what I would call clean. However A Stop in the Park, most certainly is. I loved it, and if I had bought the paperback instead of the eBook, it would be on my bookshelf among my other favourite novels. If this is Peggy Stack's debut novel, all I can say is watch out for her next book. I really hope there will be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment