Tuesday 26 March 2013

My review of Ganwold's Child.

Ganwold’s Child by Diann Thornley Read, is the story of a young man called Tristan.
When he is just a toddler his mother, Darcy, a military woman flees with him from slavers and they end up on an alien planet.  Tristan grows up among the Gan people and all is well until his mother becomes seriously ill.
Tristan knows the father he hasn’t seen for so many years is the only one who can help her. So accompanied by his gan brother, Pulou he makes a desperate bid to find his father, and save his mother’s life.
I really enjoyed this book. It moves at quite a pace and is so exciting…has you on the edge of your seat.
The writing is excellent; I could almost feel Tristan’s physical and emotional pain, and certainly his frustration! I particularly loved Pulou, everyone should have such a loyal friend.
I confess I struggled a bit with some of the technical information, and found myself skipping over a lot of it to get back to Tristan and Pulou.  But that’s just me and no criticism of the book.
If I could have given it more than 5 stars I would. It is really well written with strong convincing characters.
Ganwold’s Child a great story and I can certainly recommend it.

The book can be purchased from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment