Monday 9 December 2013

Riveting. In Search of Priscilla by Bellakentuky.

I enjoy a good apocalyptic story, and this is good.
All the elements are there; scary monsters that come out at night, tension, fear, and the struggle to survive. However, there is a surprise element which I loved, Junkyard the dog. I just love his name, and he's a great character, and so loyal to Abner his master and friend. I've now decided I want my own Junkyard; every one should have a dog like him, especially when the world has fallen down around your ears, and danger waits at ever turn.
Apart from the main character, Abner. There's an old man called, Letch, who's a real nasty piece of work. And then there's , Priscilla, who proves to be anything but loyal to devoted, Abner. With these three characters and a dog the author weaves a tail that's riveting and very atmospheric. I liked the twist at the end.
If I have anything negative to say...there were a few editing issues, but not enough to distract me from the excitement of the story. There was an occasional swear word, which I personally don't like; but again not enough to offend, or stop me reading the book.
Once I'd started the book, I couldn't stop until I'd finished, which was nearly one in the morning! I guess it's just as well it wasn't a full length novel.
In search of Priscilla is great. I recommend it, and am looking forward to reading more by this author..

http://www.amazon.com/In-Search-Priscilla-Bellakentuky-ebook/dp/B00G82HF9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386625761&sr=8-1&keywords=in+search+of+priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment