Sunday 16 March 2014

Four star reveiw for, Shadows of the Realm.

http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Realm-Circle-Dionne-Lister-ebook/dp/B007X6Y02I/ref=sr_1_1?Shadows of the Realm is Dionne Listers debut novel; and I must say it is excellent.
When I first started to read the book, it took me a while to get into it. I found it a bit slow, and struggled to keep track of the many characters. However, the more I read, the clearer it became, and the more I got sucked into the story.
I liked the way the author broke the story into chapters, separating the character groups, and making it easier to follow their individual journeys.

I loved the idea of the different realms, and found the bonding sequences fascinating. I wished I could do it; I would love a creatura to bond with. Especially Blayke’s rat Fang…love pet rats! Any author who has a rat in their story, portrayed in a positive light, has me hooked.

I’m not generally one for Dragons, but the way the author describes them is brilliant. Although trying to imagine them sitting on benches and eating at table, stretched my imagination somewhat!
The way she describes the Dragons world, Vellonice, made me wish I could go there, it sounds wonderful.

The Gorman’s sounded suitably gross, and certainly brought a touch of horror to the story. Prince Leon is pretty awful too. The way the book ends made me wonder where he fits in with the Gorman’s threatened destruction of Talia.
I shall have to read the sequel to find out. I can’t wait!

s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394990657&sr=1-1&keywords=Shadows+of+the+Realm

No comments:

Post a Comment