Wednesday 18 June 2014

My five star review of a great book. A Heart Deceived by Michelle Griep.

I'm not going to do a breakdown of the story, as it has already been done in other reviews.

A Heart Deceived, is a brilliant book. I'm not quite sure the title fits the story, but that's of minor importance and only my opinion.
This book is so well written,with wonderful prose that truly expresses the hard and dark days of old England. I could almost see and smell the squalor...feel Miri's suffering as she is falsely accused of madness, and along with her truly mad brother, Roland, is dragged off to the Sheltering Arms Asylum. While Ethan, the man she loves is accused of murder and thrown into Prison.
For me, the Christian message of faith and hope, tempered the darkness of this exciting and moving story.
This is a book that if I loaned to a friend, I would want back after they'd read it. If it was a paperback and not on my kindle, it would be added to the shelves of my small library of favourite books.
A Heart Deceived by Michelle Griep, is excellent and one I can truly recommend.


http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Deceived-Novel-Michelle-Griep-ebook/dp/B00CM0O3EA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403101019&sr=1-1&keywords=a+heart+deceived

No comments:

Post a Comment